Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I feel like celebrating.

According to my blogger, I have posted 28 different times this month. Being the 28th. That would normally mean it would average out to about a post a day. For those of you that follow or read this post a lot, you know this isn't true. I post a lot more than that. So what is the reason behind Blogger saying I've only posted 28 times this month? I was in Vietnam. And Cambodia. I missed out on blogging for at least 10 days in a row, while on that trip. ------- So here I am. Period 6 spare on a Tuesday afternoon, after having just spent lunch with my best friend. I'm good. I was horrible this morning, but after hearing... and being told... I became far too angry to feel upset. I was ready to bash the shit out of her Dad. He doesn't realise the effect he's having on her, and what it's doing to her. He's killing her. Not slowly, either. Oh, I know, people use that all the time. "He's killing me", "You're killing me", "They're killing each other". But this isn't one of those joke "I'm going to die" situations. This is very real and very serious. She's needed therapy. She still does sometimes. He used to pay for her, because he's her father. But for him to turn around and call his own daughter "stupid"?! It has undone all the therapy that she's gone through in one fell swoop. And for her grandpa to agree, and when her father gets in a mood where he literaly threatens her life, and is extremely tempted to beat her... She locks herself in a room. It makes her feel safe. It provides protection from someone who can't control themselves like an adult, and relies on his only daughter to do all his work for him. She feels safe in her room as long as the door separates her from her father. So how could her grandfather then unlock the door for him? What kind of family does that to each other? And she does come from a fucked up family. Mother left when she was still a baby, Father dumped her on her grandmother, then came back years later. He finally starts "taking care" of her, which includes doing everything he wants, even if it is against her will, or her morals. This has recently caused her to hate her own father, because of his persistence to control her. Not the kind of hate she has for me. "I hate you. She has had a horrible childhood, forced to grow up far too quickly so she can't enjoy the time she has now. Which is extremely unfortunate. But what is truly amazing is that even in such a hostile environment, and with all her suicide attempts which have been foiled by one person or another. Even with everything she has been through, which would turn any other person into an extremely hostile, unfriendly person. She is still the nicest, kindest, most caring and compassionate person I know. She's my best friend. I love her. I'd do anything for her. I'd die for her if that's what it took. And I'm sure she'd do the same for me. I love her. I hope she escapes her family unscathed. ------- I felt like a rant because of how upset I get about the whole situation. This same friend pointed something out to me. She introduced me to Posterous. Thank you, Linh. ------- And now, I sleep. I have 20 minutes before class. Good day to all readers.

Posted via email from Erebus's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment