Saturday, August 8, 2009

Well, here we go.

I'm back down again, but nearly as far, thanks to Linh. Great fun on the bus. Anyone watching us would assume we were high. Wouldn't have surprised me if we were.
*confronts Linh* - Did you spike my whatever I had before getting on the bus that made me high?

Ahh, doesn't matter. It was great fun.

-----

Unfortunately, I noticed that I hadn't posted lyrics for the past 3 days (!). We can't have that now, can we?
I'd also like to dedicate these next few songs to people in my life. Just to cheer them up when they feel down.

There will be 3 songs tonight, in order to make up for the lost songs, and as a bonus, the songs will be included. Aren't you lucky.

The following two songs are dedicated to Linh. To cheer her up and make her feel better, and also to let her know that I care.

Please keep in mind this is my first attempt at adding music, so if it doesn't work, don't hate me.

Cheer Up - Reel Big Fish

You say you're down you can’t lose that frown
Life sucks. What else is new? That’s tough.
There's not much you can do-
You're not the only one not havin’ any fun

I've got a funny feelin’ we’re all born to lose
And I've got a funny feelin’ that this life ain’t worth livin’ through
I've been depressed and I get so stressed
Life sucks. I don't wonder why. That's tough.
I just keep on tryin’, so I won’t be the one not havin’ any fun

I've got a funny feelin’ we’re all born to lose
And I've got a funny feelin’ that this life ain’t worth livin’ through
I'm not givin’ up yet that's not the end of me
But it's not gonna be all right you'll see, you’ll see!
I've got a funny feelin’ we’re all born to lose
And I've got a funny feelin’ that this life ain’t worth livin’ through

Cheer Up!

-----

Good Thing - Reel Big Fish

I never felt too good but in this world who would
I was always thinkin’ somethin’ wasn't right
But then you came along and helped me sing a song and now I feel ok I hope it can stay- this way

You know we've got a good thing goin' and I don't wanna see it end
You know we've got a good thing goin' and I don't wanna see it end
Are these the good days that I've heard so much about-
There goes the heartbreak that I can live without
I've been so frustrated, bitter, mean, and jaded
I've taken for granted all the things I've got
But now that you are here this anger disappears
and I feel happy too this is sappy but it's true

You know we've got a good thing goin' and I don't wanna see it end
You know we've got a good thing goin' and I don't wanna see it end
Are these the good days that I've heard so much about there goes the heartbreak
That I can live without

-----

The next song is a recognition of my acceptance. Who I am. Who I was. All before I met Linh. Thank you, Linh.

Dateless Losers - Reel big Fish

We are all on our own with no one by our side
You are so lucky, beautiful and bright
All the cool kids go steady they're making out at 12-
We sit in our rooms alone
By ourselves it's Friday- no phone call, nobody asked us out

We are the dateless losers- lonely until we die!
So unappreciated, why, why, why, why?

We’re not so bad you know, but you won’t give us a chance
Take us to the movies, to dinner, or to dance
Not perfect, not too hip- but we need lovin’ too

We are the dateless losers- lonely until we die!
So unappreciated why, why, why, why?

-----

The only thing I can really say is: Why can't life be simple?
Like back in the good old days when I had nothing to worry about except keeping the girl of my dreams happy, right before I fucked that up.
That would be nice.

I guess it's almost time for bed.
Almost 12:30. I'm tired, confused, and I just want everything to make sense again. That would be so very nice.

-----

Erebus
Pursue the Darkness

No comments:

Post a Comment