Monday, October 19, 2009

Citizen Me

Citizen Kane. A megalomaniac, pushing those he cares about away in a misguided want to be loved.

Am I so different? The recent events with my best friend, all my friends, my family. Every one close to me. The recent events with them has caused me to think I'm not so different.

I'm not so different from Kane. That's depressing. I don't plan on going into politics to be loved by the voters. I want to love and be loved. So I do as Kane does. I push people away in a futile attempt to cling to them. Hold them so tight, that they can't breathe. So they escape. They leave.

Can I blame them? I don't think I should. It's not their fault I am the way I am. I just need to fix it. It won't be easy. But it will be well worth it, in the end. I just hope I make it work out.

We'll see.

-----
Erebus
Pursue the Darkness

Posted via email from Erebus's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment